I suggest you ...

Support Oracle / MySql / SqLite Databases

What are people's thoughts on this? Which is more important: Oracle, MySql or SqLite? Should the support be through custom Entity Framework-driven DataContexts or via automatic DataContexts?

144 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe AlbahariAdminJoe Albahari (Admin, LINQPad) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • hapiechapiec commented  · 

I second the 'any 3rd party provider' option. I'd love to use LinqPad with Postgres (for those of you who don't know yet - Postgres has the best features of both MySQL and Oracle).

• SalilSalil commented  · 

Oracle support would be great

• Ben McCormackBen McCormack commented  · 

I'm using Entity Framework to MySQL and it would be great to use LinqPad to query that database. Otherwise, I'm not going to really be able to use Linqpad :-(.

• LakarioLakario commented  · 

MySQL support would be fantastic... My employer runs .NET solutions on MySQL and I have been using Entity Framework on one of my projects recently. I'd love to be able to load my EF context into LINQPad.

• pthalackerpthalacker commented  · 

SqLite has a VS2008 provider that allows VS to create entity models from the database, so all one has to do is build the data context in VS and then LinqPad should be able to hook right up to it

• Jason ShortJason Short commented  · 

How about just third party EF Providers? They all should be able to load dynamically using the EF interfaces, that was the whole point of EF.

Of course my vote is for VistaDB support (we are adding EF in the next release and LINQPad would be a great tool for our users).

• chubchub commented  · 

it would be nice to have oracle provider beside MS SQL

• Tobias TwardonTobias Twardon commented  · 

Oracle Support would be great though its a widely used and highly sophisticated db-engine.

• mckay.joemckay.joe commented  · 

The more backends you could support the better. MS Access should probably be right up there also.

Feedback and Knowledge Base