Skip to content

LINQPad Feature Suggestions

More than 100 LINQPad features are a direct result of customer feedback! This is the official forum for posting and voting on ideas – we want to hear from you!

LINQPad Feature Suggestions

Categories

1182 results found

1. Looking to boost your online visibility? Hire an SEO expert in Delhi for unparalleled results. Gain organic traffic, improve search engine rankings, and dominate your niche. With tailored strategies and expert guidance, achieve digital success. Contact now for a consultation and propel your business forward.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Gain seamless access to your Charles Schwab investment account for unparalleled financial management. Experience ease in monitoring your investments, accessing market insights, and executing trades. Secure your financial future with Charles Schwab's trusted investment platform. Join today for exclusive benefits and expert guidance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Gain effortless access to your TD Ameritrade account today. Experience streamlined login procedures and manage your investments with ease. Securely monitor portfolios, execute trades, and access market insights. Maximize your investment potential with convenient TD Ameritrade account access. Explore now for financial empowerment."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be great to add "#load" functionality to LINQPad 5 , which is currently only available in LINQPad 6 and later versions.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have gotten used to my code editors having automatic code formatting via prettier and csharpier in VSCode, Visual Studio, and Rider. When I use linqpad, I find myself spending a bunch of time formatting code to make it easier to read. I would love to be able to enable csharpier to run on save in linqpad.

They have a public API which is documented here: https://csharpier.com/docs/API

Thanks for making my favorite tool LINQPad! 🧡

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the user to be able to select filter parameters when trying to search for or find tables or stored procedures in the connection panel.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I'm writing code and need to define a string, I find it quite discomforting that I have to type two quotes. This is because many current IDEs and editors automatically complete double and single quotes. When I define a string, I only need to type one quote and the other is automatically filled in.
    The summary of functions is as follows.:
    1. Automatically complete double and single quotation marks. When you input a quotation mark, it will automatically add the matching one after the cursor position. Pressing the tab key inside the quotation marks allows you to exit them.…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. With the evolution of .NET to support cross-platform development, enabling developers to build and run applications across Windows, Linux, and macOS, I believe now is an opportune time to consider developing a version of LINQPad for macOS.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Conversations with AI Assistant can be very useful. I want to save the whole conversation as Markdown file which is a native format of Assistant's responses. Copying individual sections is tedious, would be good to have a button to save all conversation in default location with suggested file name.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When working from multiple locations, the folder structure often does not match. Currently, when libraries are referenced from the file system, the location is an absolute path. There could be multiple approaches to addressing this. The most user-friendly would be to have a set of "roots" on the machine and project level (a dictionary of names to paths). Query level would override the machine level. These could be also read from within the query using a utility method also, and editable from the UI. When a library is opened from such a mapped path, it would be stored relative to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. While running through a script I can already see the yellow arrow jump from line to line at execution. It would be awesome to see how much time elapsed for each line after a run.

If this has too much of a performance impact it could be made toggleable. A similar feature that's already present in Visual Studio: Show the elapsed time between two breakpoints being hit.

Currently the only way to get this information (as far as I'm aware) is to add Stopwatches all over the code (C# Statements).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. LinqPad is great! I use it nearly every day.

One single thing I'm missing is displaying my custom EF property <summary> docs in the results view then hovering over title bar.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Despite using LinqPad nearly every day, I can never seem to remember that the X at the top right of results tab means hide and does NOT mean "close results and free up memory". And yes I know the tooltip says 'Hide Results' and not 'Close Results' , but this never seems to stick in my memory.

Can't think of a single time when I have used the Ctrl-R Show Results option.

Would be possible, either to have another button to close, or an option to configure what the X button does?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. During rapid prototyping, I have been using CTRL+- to navigate to previous location in my C# code. However, once in awhile I accidentally hit CTRL+0 instead, which seems to switch to F# program. This results in destructively modifying the entire source file, which cannot be undone. Even if you manually switch back to C# program, the code is still broken. At this point the only choice is to restore the file from backup or hand-edit back to corrected for the language switch.

It really should be possible to simply hit 'Undo' and it should restore the file as it was…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. By default, LINQPad seems can only shown *.linq, *.json, *.csv and *.txt files in a folder. I'd like to show more file types especially some other text file types such as *.md.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow user to switch on gathering of JIT dumps (DOTNET_JitDump and rest) and visualize and/or save them.
    Provide UI (or at least suggestions/help) for building filter patterns.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would allow users to include interactive scripts in a dropdown menu, similar to the interactive regex utility. Clicking on a script would run it in the background, and the result area would automatically maximize, displaying interactive controls.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I frequently utilize Linqpad for processing Excel files by reading data through the FileInto method. My workflow typically involves manipulating this data and subsequently storing it in a database. To streamline this process, I propose an enhancement to the user experience with the following capabilities:

1. Keyboard Shortcut for File Selection: Implement a shortcut key that prompts the user to select an Excel file. This would enable quick and direct access to data files without navigating through menus.

2. Automatic Structure Discovery: Upon file selection, Linqpad could automatically analyze and ascertain the basic structure of the Excel file. This functionality should include:

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I frequently utilize Linqpad for processing Excel files by reading data through the FileInto method. My workflow typically involves manipulating this data and subsequently storing it in a database. To streamline this process, I propose an enhancement to the user experience with the following capabilities:

Keyboard Shortcut for File Selection: Implement a shortcut key that prompts the user to select an Excel file. This would enable quick and direct access to data files without navigating through menus.

Automatic Structure Discovery: Upon file selection, Linqpad could automatically analyze and ascertain the basic structure of the Excel file. This functionality should include:

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add support for HierarchyId, I was expecting this to be available in LINQpad 8, as it was included in the latest version of EF Core.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60