LINQPad Feature Suggestions

More than 100 LINQPad features are a direct result of customer feedback! This is the official forum for posting and voting on ideas – we want to hear from you!

LINQPad Feature Suggestions

Categories

1. The menu item for "Copy for Markdown/Stack Overflow" ends up copying code that in most cases won't compile without manual intervention by the person who grabs it off of Stack Overflow.

Specifically, these two things is on the query options tab, and has to be manually added for the query code to compile and execute:

• References

• Using directives

It would be nice if those two things could be copied alongside the query code, for instance as specially crafted comments at the top, that would be recognized by LINQPad upon pasting back into it, and moved to the appropriate places.

ie.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be great if the Ctrl+E SSMS shortcut would be enabled as an alternative to F5. It's easier to reach and makes sense (E for Execute).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In SQL Management Studio, you can use expressions like

DECLARE @FirstName NVARCHAR(max)='<Enter FirstName,nvarchar(max),John>';
    DECLARE @LastName NVARCHAR(max)='<Enter LastName,nvarchar(max),Doe>';

in a *.SQL file. When you press Ctrl+Shift+M, then you are prompted to enter the parameters in one single dialog (in this case it shows "Enter FirstName", and "Enter LastName" displays default values "John" and "Doe", both of type nvarchar(max))

This is quite useful to have some quickly generated macros at hand, and maybe the idea could be supported in C# for Linq Expressions as well ...

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Similar to the great new Shelve feature and combined with Named tabs I would like to be able to save my open tabs and give that group of tabs a name and be able to re-open them together. When working on projects I often have several related tabs open and when I go back to work on that project again, I often want all the same tabs so it would be great to be able to reopen all at once. A file that just opens other .linq files into their own tabs.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The debugger in LINQPad 4.5 is awesome, but not as good as Visual Studio's. Before the beta, I was using Debugger.Launch/Break to debug in VS. Now, those launch LINQPad's debugger. Unless and until the debugger is as good as VS's, I would like some kind of button or something (as long as it's faster than using the preferences) to use an external debugger.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Obviously, features new to 1.7 (and later) will not be available as LinqPad seems to reference the 1.1 version. Also, I've been having this issue:

Assembly 'MyAssembly, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Yes, we can add a new folder via save dialog but it will save time

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide more information about thrown exceptions (dump message, stack trace, etc).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 50 51 52 54 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?